Sunday, November 29, 2009

Undefined State of Mind

After so-so (neither good and nor bad) day at work I got into Wipro Bus to get back home. Having exchanged light smile with some and muted “Hii” to some familiar faces in the bus I settled into comfortable seat. I Tuned to Radio Mirchi hoping for good number and less RJ talk. Also I opened the Chetan Bagat’s “3 mistakes of my life”. After reading Five Point Someone I am kinda impressed with his story telling style and his desi masala angrez. Now that I have decided to read through his all three books, I am doing second now.
10-15 mins passed, I closed my eyes trying to get some sleep. Its like 3 acts I was trying to do reading, listening and sleeping. All three acts competing each other to attract the mind. Guess what! in midst of this competition mind chose to go for free ride in Disney World. I mean, mind instead of doing any these acts it started thinking about some past incidents. Then started thinking about future planing too. Again Past. And Future. Oops I lost track of it. Its like Mind doing bungy jumping between Past, Future and Present. “Teen ladke ek ladki ke peeche aur ladki chali chauthi ladke ke saath”.
This is what I am referring to ‘undefined state of mind’. The time just before really falling sleep and 15 mins down journey. Its like ‘Sandhya Vandan’ time when darkness chasing the sunlight. Sun is about to set but not completely dark yet. I am about to sleep but not slept yet. At this time my mind starts roaming as if Airtel has given all time free International roaming. During this time there is no control over thought flow and no relevance between thoughts. Its not ordered set of thoughts. Its unordered set with regards to time(could be past,future or present), unordered with regards to facts (could be incidents or imaginations) and unordered with regards to self (could be my self, some one related to me or someone no where related to me). I think its subconscious mind that is driving brain.
Eventually I slept. Only loud honks woke me up in between. I wandered my sleepy eyes around to locate my position. I guess it was around The Forum area. Again slept back, this time ‘no undefined state’. Directly to sleep mode. I woke up almost exactly at my stop. Its again the unconscious mind which, I think, exactly wakes me up at my stop.
It happens almost everyday going to undefined state before really sleeping, especially in Wipro Bus. Everyone would be going through this so (I) called ‘undefined state of mind’. But it may not be same time as mine or same as way as mine.


P.S: Wrote this one 4 months back but forgot publish here in this blog. But it was there in wipro blog which i could post here.

2 comments:

ಜಲನಯನ said...

Eshwar, the sub-concious mind does many works that U would have done had you been awake...but this is not good if you are driving...it happens to me once a while..when I fail to sleep for sufficiently long at night...
Thinking again is a different ball game...if done awake is more desirable...and U KNOW whats on....
Good article...

Anonymous said...

The best article I ever read. You are so good writer and an excellent analyzer that I couldn't stop myself to leave a comment! :)