Monday, December 28, 2009

Power Of Google :-)

I am just giving one of the instance of real time to explain you the power of google.

If I remember right only times when I wonder about zodiac signs/stars/nakshtras/rashi is whenever I get a forwarded mail from friends with subjects like "Zodiac Signs" or "horoscope" or some other mail which describe characterstics or nature of person of each zodaic sign. Every one of us would have gone through such mails with curiosity to know what my sign is or do my character/nature matches with one mentioned there etc etc. Other than that may be used to see how would be following day/week/year based on zodiac signs on some dailies like "Times of India" or "Indian Express" etc.

How many people know their Birth date. Well, let me put it as "how many people know their exact date and time of birth". Well we know many people in our country doesn't know their date of birth. Even If they know, many of those dates are given by school teacher or people who come for Janaganati (Census). Only few lucky (?) people know their exact date and time of their birth. Well now a days its common every one knows it but 20-30 years back it wasn't so common especially in villages and sub urbs.

I always wondered what could be my sign/star/rashi. Given that there are different signs in Indian and western calenders. I used think about it when I get such mails or when going through news paper just was wondering what could be my sign.

But at age when u start looking alliance either by formal Matrimonial ad or informal spread of word through family and friends then you realise how important parameter is this "rashi/nakshtra".

Well, though I know my date of birth,I really dont know exact time. Last time when i dialed home I aked Mom about it. she said its there in one of the document which is at my native not at bangalore.

Hmm now i have to find my sign after 30 yrs. Well being engineer I tried all my my capabilities to find out my sign.
"Googalayanamha" :-)

I started googling what could be sign if so and so is my date of birth. I have to get one exact Rashi out of 12 rashi and 1 nakshatra out of 27. Given that there is eastern and western calender. Also some differences in panchanga followed by south Indians and north Indians. Some of these websites needed latitude and longitude. Well atleast this reason made me to go "google.earth", wikipedia etc to find my place's latitude and longitude. After some effort I zero down all the parameters needed except time. There is no link to find out your time of birth. By now I had zeroed down to two nakstra's out of 27 and 2 rashis out of 12. Now that I have atleast 4 cominations of Nakshras/Rashis based on whether I have born on midnight, morning or after noon? Then i studied all my characteristics of each the rashis and nakstras and try to match them my characteristics.

After so much of effort I found one combination of rashi and nakshatra and called Mom to tell her what I have found. But before I could say aanything she said she found the a old paper in which my birth date document along with Kula, rashi and nakstras.

Guess what ....my googling worked exactly right. My calculated rashi and nakshatra was exactly same as actual rashi/nakshtra ...That is the power of Google :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good one ...well disguised title ...

kiransal said...

Bhega hi side business nu start madu, internet josthishi ???

Unknown said...

hahahaha.. gud one ya mate.. "googlayanamaha"....