Saturday, November 28, 2009

Success is a journey, not a destination

This week end after many days I got chance to read some blogs of my buddies. Also happened read my first blog. My first blog took me to old memories when I was just passed out of college. Yep they are sweet memories (though they were painful days at that time). In that flow of thoughts, I was just trying think what was my dream used to be in those days. Getting a job. I was trying look back recollect how was I feeling when I got the job. I vaguely remember that I was happy I called home told Mom abt it and told all my friends abt it. Threw a party to my friends...

During my initial years of job I was always wanted go onsite. I used think about life outside India, life in new country, new work place n all. When I tried recollect How I felt when I landed in US for first time, hardly I remember anything about that feeling.

Not only these two instances but many more. I was trying recollect what were my dreams used to be and how I felt when those dreams come true. In all of those instances what I see in common is that I could recollect more instances of my journey to reach those dreams rather than the moments those dreams comes true.

Thats when I realised its the Journey that we cherish than the destination. Yes we suffer, we struggle, we fall, we raise in the path to reach our dreams or goals. Once we reach our goals we celebrate and enjoy the success. Whats next. Again you set some new goals start a new journey to reach it. After many years of such life when you look back , what you remember is the journey u travelled. You remember the people you met during the journey. You remember the happy or sad moments during the journey.

Some one rightly said "Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome". Its the Journey you cherish than the destination.

1 comment:

Manasa said...

yes completely right... "Success is journey, not a destination"

Like that, I must say.

Cheers
Manasa