Thursday, June 5, 2008

Aa dinagaLu ....Naa mareTilla ... [Gone are the days ...Still i remember]

avanauna moor savara sikra kyaki hodeetini ... [If I get 3K per month that’s good enough for me]
This what I used to tell my buddies when we were done with our engineering n planning to go for Job hunt in Bangalore.It’s neither a under statement nor an exaggeration of the situation we were in. 2002 was tricky year ...market was just recovering from slowdown and it was second attempt for small Indian IT companies after .com bubble. Job opprtunities were just opening up. Competation for each job not only by 02 passed out guys but also 00,01 passed out. Struggle for existence and Survival of the fittest was the mantra and motto of life for jobs in those days.

"Ooraga enara business madu illandra yawadara engineering illa polytechnic college ge part time mastar agoodu best tamma ....bangaloorige hodra kooLu neeru illadanga baaLe maadabekagutta" ... [Its better to work as part time lecturer for some college or do some business in your city... if you go to Bangalore you have to struggle for food] still I remember the Mahabali's (college senior) words. I was mentally set to take up a lecture job in Gadag Polytechnic College and handle some business in my native place. But cousin of mine (Vicky) promised me to provide me accommodation in his room at Bangalore. He said try hard for 6 months with sustained never say die attitude then u will get a job. After that if I don’t get job it's up me to decide if I have continue or go back to my native.

I remember those initial days when I dint even meet single friend of mine. Trying to read some books without understanding anything, Checking mails often and hoping to see any calls from any companies, Trying reach all college & school friends to share my feelings, Trying all the links recommendations from close relatives, far relatives, old relatives, new relatives, college help desk …trying all the available known and unknown ways to get an interview or written test call for companies….. Every night I used call home update my job hunt. "Yaawa compenyaagu openings illa ....ellera ondu call ittandra savra savra mandi ..." [no calls from any compeny, if at all any call are there then thousands of people in queue]. Had Naveen Prabhakar or Raju Srivatsav seen my condition they would have performed same thing on GILC instead of bar girl talking to her home. :P
"Those were tough days of my life ....Oh yaaaa…" not because job hunt but I dint meet any of my buddies (JNV/BVB). That was hurting me a lot. Person like me who stayed in hostel through out student life it’s hard live without friends. Once I meet first friend then the chain started growing and all buddies were back in link with “connected mode” then onwards job hunt was fun :-)
Paan besyaga tindaag baayi kempaagudu …. Traasa koodi edirisidrana dosti gaTTi agoodu”
Gone are the days ....when
- we used meet at Majestic platform no 1.
- we used explore new places in Bangalore (courtesy BMTC monthly pass)
- we were sent back by securities guards of IT companies without taking our resumes
- we used to eat in one plate and in one account ( Siddana rotti ootada mess)
- we used share everything .... not only joys n happiness but also Cha, Batti matte Butti(oota)
- we used quiz our C, OS and Networking skills within our friends
- used to share 1 batti n 2 cha between four of us


Gone are the days …

11 comments:

Prasanna Mumbai said...

Welcome to Blogging world bro !!!
Nice to see the blog.

Majestic platform No.1, 2 by 4 cha, siddanna roti oota are worth remembering .

Unknown said...

Hey...Nice blog which took me to year 2002....Definitely days to cherish in life which gives us a lesson every now and then to be calm and simple every moment...

Sanjay

Ragha said...

Blog chennagide!

Realm of Illusions said...

yen pa...reddi canteen chor chandrya nenap aaatu nod...chend bardi

Unknown said...

Mama suuper !!!!!!!!!!!

shilpasr said...

All the way from heart...very good moments to share and meluku haakalu...keep writing..:-)

vittalgm said...

anna.. halle dinaga yela nenapa madiside.. we all have so many moments to treasure..

Guddu said...

"Ooraga enara business madu illandra yawadara engineering illa polytechnic college ge part time mastar agoodu best tamma ....bangaloorige hodra kooLu neeru illadanga baaLe maadabekagutta"
The best!!! :)

MD said...

Hey man,
By mistake i got your Blog link in your orkut profile :-)
I was not knowing that you blog too.
Nice write up buddy. Yes those are sweet painful days. I still remind them.

Do write few memories of ENC batch too.
--md

Unknown said...

le, ishya, jeevandaga adheno heltharalla, kai kesaradra bai mosarantha,
hanga, anthoo bai mosar madkondi bidu.
satish JNV

Unknown said...

le, madak kelsa illandra computer key board kuttak hatti en le. kuttak bere en sigalilla en. adra en helu, aa hudgi myala hada bardi ala, bhala chholo aithi,
yaarle adu, ninna kalpaneya koooooosu?
satish